He is Our Peace
- Peace (use a different source than you used in Section One – Lesson 1)
- Reconcile (use Strong’s Concordance and Webster’s dictionary)
The end of chapter two of Ephesians shows us the picture of Christ as our Peace. He not only reconciled us to Himself, but He also united the divisions of Jews and non-Jews.
He removed the need for the Jews to continue in their ceremonial laws and festivals that separated them from other nations, and also made a way for the Gentiles to able to enter into relationship with Him.
He gave all people the ability to receive salvation and become reunited with God. We are now one body, which is the body of Christ – the global Church.
There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor freeman, there is neither male nor female; for you are all one in Christ Jesus. Galatians 3:28 ESV
Jesus Himself is the cornerstone on which the Church is built, as a dwelling place for His Spirit.
- Why was it important for Jesus to destroy the ordinances for the Jews? (verse 15)
- What is the result of our reconciliation (verses 16, 18)
- What is a cornerstone?
- Why do you think it is important to know Jesus is the cornerstone?
Share with us your thoughts on the above questions as well as your Wow moment from Ephesians chapter 2 and how God is using it to grow your relationship with Him