If you’re feeling a bit overwhelmed, take a few moments to read through these Scriptures and allow God to speak to your heart.
- When the cares of my heart are many, your consolations cheer my soul.
- Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God; trust also in me.
- We have troubles all around us, but we are not defeated. We do not know what to do, but we do not give up the hope of living. We are persecuted, but God does not leave us. We are hurt sometimes, but we are not destroyed.
2 Corinthians 4:8-9
- Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest
- I have said these things to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation. But take heart; I have overcome the world.
- Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.
1 Peter 5:7
- But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. 2 Corinthians 12:9
- No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
- Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.
- But Jesus looked at them and said, “With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.” Matthew 19:26
- You keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on you, because he trusts in you. Trust in the LORD forever, for the LORD GOD is an everlasting rock
- Hear my cry, O God, listen to my prayer; from the end of the earth I call to you when my heart is faint. Lead me to the rock that is higher than I.
Is there a verse that comforts you when you feel overwhelmed that isn’t included in this list? Share it with us in the comments.