Let Me In!
Author Jenifer Jernigan tells her own story of wanting to be “in” – included. More importantly, she desired to be significant; she wanted to matter. She began to seek out purpose and worth in all the wrong places and could never fulfill the desire to belong.
God created this desire to belong, to be part of something more, deep within us; we long to know we matter and we have a purpose.
Often it takes many years, various trials, and countless heartbreak for most of us to figure out nothing in this world can fill the Christ-shaped void within us.
We were meant to find our place in Him.
Begin by reading Ephesians 1:3-14 several times to help you Visualize and understand the overall context of the verses.
Now read Ephesians 1:3-14 in the New King James Version
- What do you think it means to be “in Christ”?
- Using our Scripture for today and the graphic on page 26 as your guide, write a personal reminder of who God says you are – title it “I Am…”
Here is my personal statement:
- How does it make you feel knowing this is what God says about who you are?
- Share with us your personal statement
Just like Jenifer, we all have a story (or two!) of wanting to fit in, to be noticed, to be accepted.
- Share with us your story and how the truth of Ephesians 1:3-14 helps fill the desire to belong.